We are happy to share with you that BrainCert, a leading Unified Training platform that empowers SMBs to enterprises to deliver collaborative learning online, today announced it has completed a SOC 2 Type II Service Organization Control (SOC 2) audit for its Unified Training Platform in accordance with the attestation standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
The audit was conducted by Johanson Group LLP, a nationally recognized CPA firm, this audit affirms that BrainCert’s information security practices, policies, procedures, and operations meet the rigorous SOC 2 standards for security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and Privacy (AICPA, Trust Services Criteria).
What is SOC 2 Type II Certification?
SOC 2 Compliance is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). A SOC 2 Type II report describes a service organization’s systems and whether the design of specified controls meets the relevant trust services categories and assesses the effectiveness of those controls over a specified period of time.
Service organization control Type II is an audit that handles and safeguards the sensitive information withholding the 5 principles called TSC (Trust Service Criteria)
- Processing Integrity
It manages both the company's control and its operating effectiveness. Cloud-based vendors conduct independent inspectors with documentation of control which allows their system to get sampled and tested.
Difference between SOC2 Type I and SOC2 Type II certification
- Type I reports are all about the company’s control while the Type II report contains the operating effectiveness of the company during the time of audit.
- Specific data or certain organizational structures were focused by Type I, however, it does not concentrate on operating effectiveness.
- Type II covers the description and its design test along with the operating effectiveness of internal practice.
- SOC Type I influences the financial information of the clients, while SOC Type II of service organization holds, stores, and processes the data of the clients.
- More additional time and resources which are applied for compliance to SOC 2 Type II yield more value to the organizations.
BrainCert's cloud-based unified training platform is now a SOC 2 Type II certified platform, and continue to meet the highest standards for protecting customer data.
“BrainCert is on a mission to become the gold standard for creating and delivering unified training online”. said Yasin Rahim, Founder & CEO of BrainCert. “Completing this independent audit for SOC 2 Type II Certification is a demonstration of BrainCert’s commitment to information security practices, policies, procedures, and operation.”