Among the booming industries in the education sector, online education is predicted to generate $325 billion by 2025, according to Forbes. The most important thing to do to create a profitable online course is to get to know your audience, find out their interests, and come up with an idea for your course.
Compared to traditional methods of classroom-based education, online courses offer significant savings in terms of costs and time. The students have the opportunity to improve their knowledge and skills at a time that is convenient for them. The guide covers everything from choosing a profitable topic to creating knowledge-based content.
As the saying goes, "the content is always king," and it is the content that drives people, arouses their interest, and determines their actions. Consider presenting content that engages and attracts people. Many learners find it difficult to leave the flow of content to move to another section, so plan to keep everything in a linear path as much as possible.
A clear definition of the course goals is necessary before developing course content. Students should be taught what they need to know, for instance. Thus, developing content for students will be easier when considering what kind of content to include, what teaching methods to use, and what kind of exams, assignments, and projects to include.
- Test your idea: Make a landing page for your upcoming online course using a landing page builder to test your idea. You already know what the course will be about, even though you haven't created it yet. Provide a concise description of the course and add eye-catching imagery to reinforce the concept.
- Research the topic extensively: Look for a variety of different sources on the topic, such as literature, competitor classes, and webinars. By performing keyword research, find out what types of queries people are looking up on the topic.
- Write a course outline: It is important to remember that teaching involves guiding your audience through a concept step by step. Each lesson should have an objective that is specified in your course outline.
- Bring your course online: You can offer free content as a short trailer for each lesson, or you can offer the whole first lesson for free.
- Gather feedback: You should ask for feedback during and after your online course to improve your curriculum by utilizing the digital resources you have available to you.
In a world where millions of pieces of content are uploaded every day, segmenting is the only way to stand out and build a loyal following. You need a solid marketing strategy to turn your course into a reliable revenue generator. The algorithms in social media are changing faster than ever, but you will always be able to reach your email subscribers. It only takes seconds for ads and social media posts to disappear. Nevertheless, you can send weekly emails with helpful content demonstrating your expertise. Ensure that the video content you create is mobile-friendly or mobile-optimized. It is estimated that over 85% of video streaming consumption takes place on mobile devices.
We've written a full guide on The 5 Most Effective Marketing Strategies for more information.
Your business can benefit from a successful online course if you can turn it into a revenue stream. BrainCert is an easy-to-use tool that can be used to create your course page. There is no doubt that BrainCert has the best landing page builder available on the market. Using its drag-and-drop builder, your landing page can be ready to use in minutes, not hours, thanks to its intuitive drag-and-drop interface.